Wednesday, September 5, 2007

NETA NEWS

My favourite aphorism when I was in school was: " If at first you don't succeed, try , try , try again".
I see that nobody has tried to access my blog. Is it because people are afraid to try blogging ? But really, it is the easiest tool in the world !
Or is it because I haven't posted my photo ??? Surely that should not deter you !!!

Pl. feel free to contribute whatever you would like to my blog.

The launch of NETA was a huge success. Now we are conducting a workshop on Reading which is indeed a matter of concern for all of us teachers.

I read a very interesting book last week which is a reworking of the Bram Stoker novel, Dracula. It had an interesting technique quite different from the epistolary form of the original and the story was plausible despite being set in our times. I also read Africa: A Shackled Continent, a very insightful book comprehensively written, though it is not a work of fiction. My serious reading at this point in time, is about language policy and discourse.

Of course, the excitement in the past few days has been about J.K. Rowling's last novel in the Harry Potter series. My daughter booked her copy days in advance and went to CNA at midnight to collect it even though it was dead cold. She said she wanted to be part of a global phenomenon !!!

Tell me what you have been reading and what you like/don't like about the books that you have been reading

Cheers!

Sarala

No comments: